Saturday, May 29, 2010

Chickens are growing!


The chickens have grown quite a bit and are starting to cluck when they get startled. Still can't figure out if we have any rooster's yet. I did have one of the eight chicks get sick and had to remove it from the herd. It would sit in one corner by itself and close its eyes and just wobble back and forth. We are now down to seven.


We went up to Forrest Sutherlands' (our nephew!) graduation on 5/27 and I was reminded that my non-farmer brother-in-law had a chicken coop that just sat out in his back yard. Connie and I took a look at it and liked it, so we asked Stephen & Tiffany about it and they let us have it. Cody and I went back up and took the roof off (no small chore) and hauled the bottom half back with us. I am having to borrow a trailer from a neighbor to go back up and get the top half because it was just 4" too wide to fit in my trailer. We're going to try and make another trip up today to get the rest of it, but we'll have to see how that goes.

No comments: